PledgeCents + #GivingTuesday 2018
Every year, #GivingTuesday has grown more popular around the world. People are sharing and contributing to the social needs that mean the most to them. This year, #GivingTuesday is November 27, 2018. On this day, the world will turn to supporting social intiatives surrounding medical, education, and community resources.
In 2016, organizations raised more than $177 million online and we hosted the first #GivingTuesday - PledgeCents Competition which put over $3,000 of additional funds into our fundraising pages. We saw more than $30,000 contributed to pages on PledgeCents! Last year in 2017, our competition brought over $30,000 into our fundraising pages! This year we are raising the bar, and hope to help create an even bigger impact!
Through our partnerships with our philanthropists and organizations, we are once again thankful to invest money back into classrooms and communities on #GivingTuesday!
Each fundraising page will be placed into a "class" based on its individual total goal amount. At the end of the day, the fundraising pages with the most money invested and the most facebook shares for each "class" will win additional investment money deposited to their pages. Throughout the day, any fundraising page that is actively raising money and accumulating facebook shares will be entered into random drawings for Amazon gift cards and Facebook share matching campaigns ($1 invested for every share!). Additionally, scheduled drawings will be held throughout the day to award customized Amazon gift boxes to the rundraising page that has received the most investments during each time period. Click here to see all participating fundraising pages.
Winners to be announced throughout the day and will be posted below.
1) Create a fundraising page (either by yourself or with a team of peers).
2) Before #GivingTuesday, start sharing with your community that your page will be participating in a contest on #GivingTuesday. Let them know that is the day they can make a big impact for you.
3) On #GivingTuesday, start sharing and sharing...and share more. You have 24 hours to maximize the opportunity to win prizes, raise funds, and raise awareness. Be sure to keep an eye on the PledgeCents Twitter feed to stay up-to-date throughout the day on the latest winners, mini contests, and more!
Get your fundraising page started, grab your team, and let the festivities begin!
*Final Results below*
Competition for the $0-$499 "class" :
Most Money Invested: $100 prize
1. Cathy Kulenkamp, Find Your Voice Throwable Microphone: $115
2. Sherri Wilkins, Give My Students a Voice: $40
3. Josie Finnell, Engaging Our Minds and Bodies in Learning: $32
Most Facebook Shares: $50 prize
1. Leslie Costides, Making a Learning an Adventure with Classcraft: 26
2. Cathy Kulenkamp, Find Your Voice Throwable Microphone: 20
3. Sherri Wilkinsr, Give My Students a Voice: 15
Most Facebook Shares: $100 prize
1. Farkhunda Azeem, Weathering, Erosion and.....DRONES!!!: 18
2.Madeleine Greene, Classroom Supplies: 11
3.David Sweeney, Connecting Our Classroom Through Chromebooks: 1
Competition for the $1,000+ "class":
Most Money Invested: $400 prize
1. Morgan McLaughlin, Klein Oak High School Tennis Program: $1,290
2. Tammy Stringer, Katy ISD Food for Families: $915
3. Shannon Morton, Whitmore Lake Class of 2019 Project Graduation: $640
Most Facebook Shares: $200 prize
1. Amy Mardis, ¡Pickett a Puerto Rico! Immersion and Service Trip: 893
2. Kymberli Wregglesworth, The Cardinals Take D.C.: 235
3. Ashley Hufnagel, Learning Programming with Ozobots: 197
Custom Amazon Gift Box Winners:
Most $$$ Raised before 10am:
Tammy Stringer, Katy ISD Food for Families: $705
Most $$$ Raised between 10am-2pm:
Shannon Morton, Whitmore Lake Class of 2019 Project Graduation: $705
Most $$$ Raised between 2pm-7pm:
Morgan McLaughlin, Klein Oak High School Tennis Program: $510
Most $$$ Raised between 7pm-12am:
Shannon Morton, Whitmore Lake Class of 2019 Project Graduation: $300
Is any fundraising page eligible to participate?
Yes. All existing fundraising pages (live before Nov. 27) and new fundraising pages (started on Nov. 27) will be eligible to participate.
Am I allowed to win more than one competition within my "class"?
Yes. You are able to win both competitions for your "class" and win additional prizes from mini contests and raffles.
If I have a fundraising page up before November 27th, do the funds I have earned so far count towards the #GivingTuesday competition?
No. All fundraising pages will be considered at 0 as soon as it's 12:00am CST on November 27th.
If I win, how will I be notified?
We will have a leaderboard on this page that will be updated throughout the day. At the end of the day, the fundraising pages that have won will receive an email from our team to notify them.
When will the funds be placed into my fundraising page if I win?
All winning fundraising pages will receive investments on December 1st, 2018.
What if my page is scheduled to end before (or on) November 27th, 2018?
Make sure to email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you want your fundraising page to be extended. We will make the extension on your behalf.
If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com.